What is Dermaplaning?
This extremely gentle method of exfoliation uses a special surgical tool to remove the outer layers of dead skin cells as well as any fine hair (also known as vellus hair or ‘peach fuzz’) to make the skin amazingly smooth and promote a rejuvenated look and flawless radiant glow. The benefits include – Increased circulation and skin radiance,Better penetration of skin care products, Smooth and flawless makeup application. As Dermaplaning does not use any active ingredients, it is a great treatment for sensitive skins, and safe to use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
What are the benefits?
There are a lot of really great reasons to dermaplane your skin and there’s a good chance it may be the best method of exfoliation/ hair removal for you:
- Exfoliation helps your skincare products penetrate the skin and improves their results.
- There are no chemicals involved. This means irritation is a lot less likely to occur.
- Your perfectly smooth new skin enhances the application of your makeup!
- The blade that’s used is small. This tiny blade allows your skincare professional to target specific problem areas easily and more effectively than procedures using large instruments and focuses on the whole face.
- Dermaplaning promotes the growth of new skin cells by scraping and removing the old ones away.
- Dermaplaning removes excess fine hairs which are known for trapping the dirt, oil and dead skin cells in your pores that are the main cause of acne and blemishes.
- Dermaplaning leaves your skin brighter, and healthier giving you that “baby smooth” look and feel.